Butterfly Plant Sale: April 18-19, 2015
(Members' Preview: April 17!)
Enjoy a selection of native and adapted pollinator-friendly plants! Have a mature yard with lots of trees? Shade tolerant plants are highlighted in yellow so you can see them at a glance.
|Our Spring list is almost ready; in the meantime, here is last fall's list!|
Our Plant Sale list is split into plant categories (grasses, perennials, etc.) and alphabetized by botanic name in each category. The numbers in the second column show how many of each species we have in stock, so you can plan ahead. The third column, N/X, means Native/Non Native. We also a butterfly/pollinator section.
Any questions on the list? email us at RSanderson @ Texas Discovery Gardens.org.
April 17: 3 pm to 4 pm
Plant Safari Guided Tour ($10, $5/TDG members)
Are you a plant sale newbie?
The Plant Sale Cheat Sheet (get in; get out; get planting!)
1. Fair Park may charge for parking at the gate. Tell the attendant you are attending the Texas Discovery Gardens Plant Sale for free parking.
2. Park around back by our Greenhouse (Turn right past the gate and follow our fence line and signs along your left.)
3. Park your plants! We have 'Plant Parking Spaces' where you can load plants while you shop. Volunteers are on hand to tally up when you're finished. You then take your ticket to the greenhouse to pay.
4. Feel free to bring a dolly or cart (or a significant other, neighbor, boy scout, etc.) to help with carry out. We have a few (carts, that is) available to help you out once you have paid and are ready to go home, but it can back up at the beginning of the sale.
5. Questions? Just ask! We have plenty of wonderful volunteers and staff on hand to answer your plant questions and more.
Prices: $4 - 4-inch; $8 - gallons; trees, shrubs are special prices. Cash, check and credit card are accepted.